Starnberg Fellowship is not affiliated with any one church or denomination. As evangelical Christians we accept wholeheartedly the revelation of God given in the Old and New Testaments and expressed in such historic statements of the Christian Church as the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
We embrace the following areas of doctrinal teaching on which there is general agreement among evangelical Christians both historically and on the contemporary scene. However, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on doctrinal matters not specifically delineated in the following statement of faith, providing that any interpretation is based on the Bible alone and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the unity of this body or the ministry to which God has called us.
- We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original manuscripts and possessing God’s authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, perfect in love and righteousness, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in power and worthy of worship and obedience.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man; that He died to atone for our sins; that He was raised from the dead bodily, ascended into heaven and is presently interceding for us at the Father’s right hand.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit baptizes, seals and indwells all believers at the moment of salvation; and that He is the believer’s teacher, guide and power for godly living.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all men are born with a sinful nature, falling short of being morally or spiritually acceptable to God in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that a man is saved solely through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and is thereby justified before God, born of the holy Spirit, and placed into God’s family, a relationship in which he is eternally secure.
- We believe in the visible and bodily return to earth of Jesus Christ, to raise the dead, judge the world and establish His eternal kingdom; and that those who are believers shall live with God forever, while unbelievers shall be eternally separated from Him.
- We believe that the Church is the living body of Christ on earth, Christ being its Head; that the body is composed of all those who have received Him as Saviour and Lord; and that the local church exists as an expression of the universal Church to exalt God, edify believers and evangelize non-believers.
”Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Mat 28:19-20 ESV)
Welcome to Starnberg Fellowship, a community of followers of the Lord Jesus. We are glad that you have chosen to find out more about us, and what we value as a community of Christ.
Vision and Mission
The vision of Starnberg Fellowship is to evangelize the unbelieving people of Starnberg by building relationships with them. In particular, we would reach out to the orphans, widows and widowers of Starnberg. We would reach out to these people whether they are literal orphans and widow(er)s or are hurt, broken and lonely people, separated from their families. We also seek to provide a place for meeting, teaching and equipping the family of English speaking believers in this area.
We envision Starnberg Fellowship achieving this by embodying so compelling an image of our Lord Jesus that our neighbors can‘t help but notice our lives and can‘t help but desire to know why we are different, and, ultimately, let the Lord work the miracle of salvation in their lives.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18
Statement of Values:
Christ Centered Church – Heaven and eternal life can only be achieved through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. John 14:6
Prayer as a Priority – We acknowledge that God has called us to be a people of prayer. We are committed developing and maintaining an active prayer life individually and corporately. Isa 56:7, Rom12:12, Col 4:2
Relationally Evangelistic – We are focused on reaching out to un-churched, disinterested people. All sinners are welcome and grace and mercy freely given. We are a people of compassion. Matt 9:36
Service Oriented – We will actively pursue ways to serve each other and the community we aim to reach. We will not be complacent and lethargic. Rather, we will be radical and we will be involved as our Lord was involved. Matt 20:28, Luke 12:37, 1 Peter 4:10
People are a priority – Marriage and parenting are also great priorities. We will care for the children of our church and we will hold singlehood and marriage in the highest esteem. Heb 13:4, Matt 19:6, Pro 15:5
Equipping the Saints – We are committed to training and developing the people of our church. We will equip them to study the Holy Scriptures. We will train them in the practical principles of following Christ. 2 Tim 3:16-17, 2Tim 4:2-4, Eph 4:11-16,
Excellence in all things – We seek excellence in all that we do. We will be patient in our journey, but we will not be satisfied with anything short of excellence. Col 3:23,
Creative in our approach – We will be creative in all we do. We will have a loose grip on our methodology and we will seek the best ideas and the best approach to ministry. Rev 2:19
Diverse in our outreach – Though we are an English speaking church, we will reach out to all nationalities around us. We will not only welcome people of all nations; we will pursue them. Gen 22:18, 1 Ch 16:24, Matt 28:19-20
Authentic in Nature – We are transparent and real. Our actions will speak louder than our words. Jam 5:12, 1 Sam 2:3, 1 Jo 3:8, Jas 2:26, Tit 2:7-8
Disciples of Christ – We are sold on the person of Jesus and we will not be ashamed of the Gospel. 2 Tim 1:8, Rom 1:16, 1 Pet 4:16
Accountable to Others – As a church body, we will seek accountability as individuals with one another. We will also seek the accountability of a trusted outside resource such as sister church or church planting organization. Pro 11:14, Pro 15:22, Pro 18:1
Biblically Based – The Bible is our sole authority: Sola Scriptura. It is the inspired Word of God and is without error. 2 Tim 3:16